There is an amazing movement happening between bloggers: the Liebster Award. It is an award made for bloggers, by bloggers, passed on from person to person to support each other in our writing community, while getting a bit closer to our readerships, too. I got nominated by Anita from The Sane Travel!
When a person is nominated, they then answer 11 questions and share the answers in a blog post. Then they nominate 11 fellow bloggers who, for this particular award nomination, should have no more than a certain number of followers (the number is set by the person who nominates – I chose 2000, but I don’t really mind if it’s more), and ask them 11 questions of your own.
Rules of the Liebster Award:
1. Accept the nomination and answer the questions of the blogger who nominated you.
2. Think of 11 new questions yourself.
3. Nominate bloggers you would like to answer your questions.
4. They write an article about this nomination on their blog and link back to the website of their nominator.
5. Tag your nominator again when you share your article on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, so they can read your Liebster Award blog post.
My answers to Anita‘s questions:
1. When did you decide to start blogging and why?
I actually come from a journalism background and I have been writing for a very long time. It has always been a way of expressing myself, and I always wanted to be involved with writing in some way. In only a few days, it’s going to be two years since I’ve published my first blog post here! I started blogging just before I’ve moved to Poland for half a year (I have since then moved several more times).However, I didn’t take great care of my blog then, and I very rarely published. I only took it a bit more seriously in mid-2015, and it’s become something I am very proud of now, and I genuinely love investing my time and energy into it – because after all, this is where my love of writing comes to life.
However, I didn’t take great care of my blog then, and I very rarely published. I only took it a bit more seriously in mid-2015, and it’s become something I am very proud of now, and I genuinely love investing my time and energy into it – because after all, this is where my love of writing comes to life.
2. What makes you different from the other travel bloggers?
I think it’s the fact that I don’t define myself solely as a travel blogger. I am trying to have a different take on it, and because I’m a long distance runner, I try my best to connect these two worlds with my desire to adventure and have some great fun doing what I love.
3. What recent improvements you have made to become even better travel blogger?
In the second half of 2015, I completely revamped it – rebranded, redesigned and renamed it. It represents me much better now!
4. Do you have any favorite places you keep returning to?
A place that I absolutely connected with in every possible way – especially through traveling with my significant other and through my running – is Ljubljana, Slovenia. There is an incredible amount of love I have for this place and my heart warms up from the pure thought of it!
5. What is your most favorite trip so far and why?
I’m going to say the worst cliché ever – it’s hard for me to only pick one. But if I really have to say one, then it’s Montenegro mountains – for me, it’s the most fulfilling place on earth and I would be there every summer if I could!
6. Have you ever drastically changed a trip, e.g. canceled your return flight and stayed, booked a flight leaving the very next day immediately after arrival, drove past your destination because you suddenly changed your mind, …?
And now I will give the most boring answer of all, but when traveling, I am ridiculously organized. This doesn’t mean I plan every minute of my trips, but I always have an outline, a budget, and all the other details in order to make the best of my journey.
I can also say I am pretty darn lucky to have never had any issues with any of my flights or connections and so far everything has always gone as desired. So no sudden changes for me yet!
7. Do you usually travel solo or with someone else?
For the past 3 years, most of my trips were me + my fiancé, but before I met him, I had an equal amount of traveling with friends, ex-boyfriend and solo.
8. Carry-on only or with checked luggage?
Carry-on whenever humanly possible!
9. What is your favorite kind of accommodation – hotel, hostel, bed & breakfast, …?
I have two things I always try to get when finding my accommodation – staying with the locals and a budget-friendly option. If I can fulfill both, it’s my ideal stay! So all three mentioned options can actually live up to my wishes – of course, depending on each individual trip I take.
10. What do you enjoy besides traveling and blogging?
Time with my loved ones, food, running and fitness are definitely my biggest (and my most favorite) time consumers. I am also a digital marketer and I spend a lot of my time learning, reading and writing.
11. Is there anything else you would like to share with your readers?
I just want to say a genuine thank you to people who keep returning to my blog, as well as to the blogging community that is the kindest bunch of people online I’ve come across in a while. I am so happy to have that!
My Liebster Award questions:
1. What is the place from your travels that has had the biggest impact on you?
2.What makes you different from the other travel bloggers?
3. Rolling bag vs. Backpack?
4. Traveling solo or with someone (and who)?
5. What is your ultimate goal for your blog?
6. What was your most interesting travel challenge?
7. Do you have a place you’ve been to that you would never return to?
8. What is your favorite food or food type when you travel?
9. What do you enjoy besides traveling and blogging?
10. What is the most dangerous place you have ever been while traveling?
11. Where do you call home and what do you enjoy most about being there?
And I would love to nominate these fabulous women:
Ashley from Ashley in France
Petra from Restless Child Travel Blog
Piritta from Bizarre Globe Hopper
Penelope from The Flyaway Girl
Courtney from Inspired Internationally
Alyssa from My Life’s A Movie
Joan from Polka Dots and Picometers
Looking forward to all the shiny new Liebster Award posts! 🙂